When it comes to web development, bootstrap is one of the most recommended frameworks to be used since it brings a lot of advantages that cannot be found from another framework. Bootstrap is now making a big impact on web developers and it is now unstoppable. There are a lot of reasons why people should use bootstrap for web development.
Reasons why Bootstrap is Used
Developers are using bootstrap because development can be done real quickly. Applications and websites are easily done because codes are already provided which makes it easier and you can modify it according to your needs. Also, bootstrap is being used because it is responsive because it can be done in any devices with different screen sizes.
In addition, customization is also one of the reasons why people tend to use bootstrap as their framework for web development. You can choose your preferred needs and features and you will be given your desired bootstrap that you can use for your web development.
These are just some of the reasons why people mostly choose bootstrap as their framework when web development is the concern.
On the other hand, bootstrap will not only give you the websites that you have always desired to produce but its bootstrap 4 can be integrated with rails 5.
How to Integrate Bootstrap 4 with Rails 5
If you want to know how to make the integration between the Bootstrap 4 with Rails 5 possible, here are the guides to follow which will help you achieve it successfully.
- Include the bootstrap gem to the Gemfile.
- Guarantee that the sprockets-rails are v2.3.2.
- Then, bundle install and start the server again for the files be accessible in the pipeline.
- After that, you can import the bootstrap styles in the app/assets/stylesheets/application.sccs. Remember, the variables must have an extension such as .sass or .scss.
- Once you have imported the styles, you can now eliminate the *=require and *=require_tree that are found on the files with Sass extension.
- After eliminating, you can now use the @import in order for you to import the Sass file.
- When you have a Sass file, do not utilize the *=require because you may not be able to have an entry on the variables of Bootstrap.
- If you want to have a quick compilation, it is best to use the concatenated bootstrap.
- Then, add the tether to the gemfile that you have.
- After you have entered everything, you can now run the bundle and start the server, and necessitate the tether just before the bootstrap.
Following these guides, you will be able to integrate the bootstrap 4 with rails 5 successfully. Doing so, you will be able to find a big difference between the two and will not give you any problem when you are integrating the bootstrap 4 with rails 5 since all the needed codes are provided and the only thing you have to do is to enter the right code to let the result happen.